Thursday, August 8, 2013

No questions asked.

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." --John 3:16.

"See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are!" --1 John 3:1a.

The thought came across my mind today, I am probably one of the biggest atheists around. I say Amen! when I hear that the Lord is always with me and I can trust in Him with everything, yet my mind is constantly bombarded with things that I worry about. I'm a two-faced believer! How could God love me? I feel so dirty! How on earth could God love me? I'm not worthy of the love that God willingly pours out to me.

You may be thinking something similar to this in the circumstances that you're in. If that's the case, STOP!

First of all, God knew that we would be "two-faced believers." He still has a special purpose for us. <<Jeremiah 1:5>>

Second of all, how could He love us? Because we are His creation! God makes us new when we accept Him. He looks past our sin and sees the Holy Spirit dwelling in us. <<2 Corinthians 5:17>>

Third of all, we are no longer covered with the filth that our sin leaves on our hearts. <<Isaiah 1:18>>

Last of all, we will have our downfalls. We have our share of scars from the mistakes that we've made. There's no such thing as perfect people, and we will never be worthy of His love! <<Romans 3:23>>

It all comes down to this: Don't ever let the devil put a question mark where God has already put a period. The Bible has God's promises lined up for us to read. Those promises were kept 2000 years ago. Those promises will be kept today. Those promises will be kept 2000 years from now. God knew we would constantly sin, but look at Calvary. Look at what God sacrificed to see to it that we live! That is true love: a love that we will never deserve but are given willingly every second of our lives.

Never doubt your worth. In God's eyes, you are worth more than gold.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment