Friday, July 19, 2013

Find confidence in HIM.

"Then call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory." --Psalm 50:15 (NLT).

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." --Matthew 11:28 (NIV).

"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." --Isaiah 41:13.

When we are distraught, whatever the reason, He wants us to run to Him first. I know in my life, the first person I talk about my problems to is not God, and that is a problem. A quote that I've read often is "Do you pray about it as often as you talk about it?" Why wouldn't we run to God with our broken heart? Look in the New Testament with all of Jesus' miracles: if he can make the blind see, the deaf hear, and the lame walk, he can help us with whatever is causing us grief.

Yes, friends are good to have: they give us encouraging words and reassurance that things will be alright, but that is only temporary. The permanence of God's peace is what we should strive to receive, and He will grant it to us! All we need to do is ask through prayer. The Lord knows our hearts and minds better than any other being in eternity. Even though that's the case, He still loves it when we come to Him on bended knee, telling Him everything. Jesus Calling says this in today's devotional:
"Bring Me all your feelings, even the ones you wish you didn't have. Fear and anxiety still plague you. ... Affirm your trust in Me, regardless of how you feel. If you persist, your feelings will eventually fall in line with your faith. ... Bring your anxieties out into the Light of My Presence, where we can deal with them together. Concentrate on trusting Me, and fearfulness will gradually lose its foothold within you."
 I'm one for worshiping God with music, and there are many places you can see artists showing us the powerful meaning of running to His arms:
"I believe that He's wanting you to know you will be safe in His arms. The arms that hold the universe are holding you tonight!"
Run to Him! Find peace in Him. Tell Him all that is troubling your heart. He will give you rest.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment