Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Seek First the Kingdom

I have found in my life that sometimes God acts as the "Great Reverser". By this I mean that several times in my life I have planned to do something in order to achieve something else, only to then have God reverse how it is to be done. For example, I went to college with a career focus hoping to grow in life through this pursuit, but God reversed it and told me "No, through focusing on growing in life you will learn what your career is to be." Next I wanted to grow as a Christian, and then I would be able to help others. But again He reversed it and told me "No, it is through helping others that you will grow as a Christian." Next, I really wanted a partner in life, one that I could love and one who could love me in that special kind of way that only husband & wife can. I thought that when I finally had a girlfriend, then I would grow closer to God.. but again God told me the opposite of what I was thinking: "No, take time now to grow closer to Me, and then through this you will find a partner." 

So I guess the only reason I tell you this story is because I want to let you know two things:
1) Every "No" from God is for you good, and every "No" is to guide you to the best He has for you.
2) When we worry about the things we don't have more than we look to God, we will not find the answers to these problems. Instead, by looking to God first and making Him first in your life, then you will given these things (Matthew 6:33).

No comments:

Post a Comment